2015 officially ended and now “new year, new me” attitudes are flourishing, but the APX team is still on the mentality of growing and taking over. The past year was full of wins and major moves that helped push each artist to new heights. Before we shock you with what’s coming in 2016, let us tell you some of the high points in 2015.
1. Music ReleasesThe year started with Earlly Mac’s “God Knows” album, following Supakaine’s “Ghetto America EP” and Prada Leary’s “Snow” album. All under APX umbrella, each artist dropped albums within the first half of the year. Earlly Mac also released “#CousinTrap EP” making it two albums for him on iTunes in 2015.
2. SXSW For the first time ever APX produced a stage and show at SXSW music festival in Austin, Texas title, “Zagland”. Featuring artist such as OG Maco, Earlly Mac, Chuck English, Icewear Vezzo, Supakaine and Prada Leary. They were also involved in other events during the week, but Zagland belonged to APX.
3. Hero MagazineSupakaine was featured in Hero Magazine, which is based out of London, growing his fan base to international levels. The spread was titled “Detroit Rising” where he spoke on his come up, influences and left readers with a playlist of some of his favorite songs.
4. Paraphernalia x APXAPX took on merchandise at the end of 2015 and succeeded in creating the 6-panel “I’m the Plug” collaboration with Paraphernalia designer Trash Can Terry. The black hat with a gold plug and APX logo hand drawn by Trash Can Terry sold out in under a month. The private release party for the hat was also a major success and brought out some of Detroit’s hottest up and coming acts.
5. 40oz Bounce Detroit I & IIIf you missed a party a 40oz Bounce this year, you missed a key event. This year APX was able to help bring the 40oz Bounce to Detroit, among other cities all over the U.S. Shows in Detroit and Atlanta featured APX artists and each party in Detroit maxed out in numbers.
2015 was a year for the books, if you weren’t on the APX movement then, please make sure you are hip for this year because 2016 we are only getting better.